Friday, January 30, 2015

the rainbow in the whining.

Today has been a pretty hard momma day. Both Lockland and Lila Mae have been sick this week so we have spent very little town out of the house even after they were no longer contagious simply because I don't want them to pick up other germs before they are fully healthy again. Helicopter mom much? The kids are ready to be out and about playing, in school, at just doing their normal things so today they have become pretty whiny. Their toys no longer entertain them, TV is old news, momma is old news, you get the picture. I was feeling very bleh about the whole day and was just ready for bedtime to roll around and then I read a story about someone I have met since I moved to Batesville and my whole day changed. Can I just say I AM BLESSED IMMENSELY AND SO UNDESERVING OF MY BLESSINGS? 





Lord, thank you for my immense blessings. I know I have done nothing to deserve such a beautiful life and a beautiful story thus far so I thank you. Thank you for my husband, our children, our health--you always provide for us Father. Often times it's hard for me to see this as you don't always provide in the way that I want, but thank you for providing. And thank you for teaching me that I must decrease so that You may increase. Greater are You than he that is in this world. I am humbled by your blessings Lord. Thank you. In Your lovely name I pray, amen.



1 comment: