Tuesday, January 13, 2015

organization.

At the beginning of every year I like to try and start off with a clean, organized home. This year I was semi-successful in doing so. My wonderful grandma-in-law (is that such a thing?) gave me the cutest basket for Christmas this year. I absolutely love it, but the color didn't match my color scheme even though it was absolutely beautiful. Nothing a little spray paint can't fix. 


Adorable basket right? The rectangle in the back is home to a small chalkboard you will see in a minute. I decided to spray it a great neutral--gold. I'm totally loving gold right now. 


And let me tell you. I LOVE the basket in gold. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I still hadn't completely decided what to do with the basket but once I got it painted I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. It's basically my "to-go" desk. Since we are living with my in-laws currently, space is tight. Having all of my office things in one small basket would be great and very practical. The basket is now home to my beautiful Whitney English planner, pens, highlighters, sharpies, and my little filing system to keep me organized in between running all my bills and paperwork to the church where the filing cabinet currently is. 



Forgive my totally subpar photography skills. Hoping those will improve in 2015. ;) Also, can I just say I love washi tape? 

basket--Homegoods

planner -- Whitney English






No comments:

Post a Comment