Sunday, February 22, 2015

tonsils and adenoids.

they are terrible and awful and mean to my little boy.






Thursday we travelled down to Little Rock, the "big city" as Lockland refers to it, so that Lockland could have his tonsils and adenoids taken out. I hadn't worried too much about the surgery because I know it's a very routine surgery and honestly, I held it together very well until I saw him in recovery. My sweet little boy was flat out miserable. Once they finally got him comfortable we got to head back to a post-op room. He seemed to be doing great. He drank some juice and ate a popsicle. And then he realized something was different. Being that he is a sensory kid I knew the whole process would be a little rough but I hadn't thought about the fact that the scabs would drive him INSANE. Lockland was trying his hardest to throw up the scabs. We finally got him calmed down and now he is doing wonderfully for just having hard surgery.

I wanted to be able to be all momma proud of myself and feed him fairly nutritional things post surgery but y'all--
chocolate ice cream for the win.
But I can tell you one big absolute "no, no" that I truly wish the nurse would have forewarned us of {if you are a nurse kindly advise your parents of this knowledge} NEVER, EVER give a child anything red to eat after a surgery because when they throw it up after your hour and a half drive back home you will think they are throwing up blood and rush back to the local emergency room. Just a word for the wise. NO RED. Don't do it.

Even if it is a delicious red ICEE...

Also, yes once again it is blurry iPhone photos for the win.


1 comment:

  1. That would give me a heart attack if I saw red throw-up!
    Yikes!

    Also, blurry iPhone pics are always winning. Where is my "real" camera, again? ;)

    ReplyDelete