Tuesday, February 24, 2015

let's be honest.

Let's just be honest with each other today.  I am a person who likes to hide all the things I "fail at", but today let's be honest.

1--My kids watch entirely too much television.
2--I have terrible time management when it comes to my personal life.
3--Sometimes, I am lazy.
4--I set my expectation level for myself WAY too high.
5--I still drink soda. I try to quit every month but always find the goodness drawing me back in.

There, I said it. I said things that I don't like to say. I feel with how much time so many of us spend on social media, pinterest, blogs....we forget the real things in life. You see I don't post photos to Instagram of my mountain of dirty laundry in the back, or of my daughter with playdough ring around her mouth from eating her sensory activity. I also don't post pictures of my kids watching television very often. Instead I post my nicely clean home with nicely clean children doing fun sensory activities or projects. We selectively weed out all the things we don't want other people to see, to judge us by. We pick and choose what we want people to judge us by. And I can't help but think that if I do that then so do other people. The same people I set my standard level to be like. The same people you probably set your standard levels to as well.

Today I made the decision that in March I will be transparent. I will post pictures of my real life and my real mess alongside all the real fun things and we often do to instagram. I will show the real me and my real life not just the things that make myself look good.

Friend, will you join me in a transparency challenge for the month of March? 

No comments:

Post a Comment