Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hello. My name is...

Hello. My name is Lockland. I'm the most handsome three year old in the entire world, and I have sensory processing disorder. I also have stereotypic movement disorder & mixed developmental disorder. BUT I am NOT autistic.
                 
 
{Lockland and I at the Schmeiding Center during one of our breaks.} 



"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

Keith and I are feeling so blessed by Lockland's diagnoses. While we would have loved and embraced Lockland if he was autistic, no parent wants that for their child. That being said we still have a long journey ahead of us and many mountains to climb. But now we have a place to start! His wonderful doctor feels his hand stimming is probably triggered by his sensory issues. Her hopes, and ours as well, are that once we get his sensory issues under control that his stimming will decrease. She gave us many articles to read as well as book recommendations! 

Just like you, we have many questions! I wish I could thoroughly explain to you what each diagnoses means for our sweet Lockland--but I can't. I am going to happily share the in's and out's and up's  down's of our journey right here on the blog though! 

Please continue to pray for our sweet, loving little boy!!


2 comments: