Tuesday, January 7, 2014

froze in


It is bitterly cold here in Arkansas and the roads are still icy so the babies and I are froze in. But that doesn't mean we lacked fun! 
 

Lockland and I played with his new playdoh from his Grammie and did lots of sensory activities! Lila Mae was her usual self and in to everything. Recently she has learned to open cabinets! But my favorite thing we did today was make cookies! I recently found a chocolate chip cookie recipe I love, so I will share it with you! I wish I remembered where I found it, but I don't. If you know the creator please let me know so I can give them credit (and personally thank them)! 

You'll need: 

1 cup butter, softened 
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add the baking soda mixture to the batter along with the salt. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls unto ungreased pan (I love using my Pampered Chef stoneware!). 
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned. 

Enjoy! 




1 comment: