Thursday, May 14, 2015

disconnect.

Long time, no blog. I wish I could say I haven't been blogging because I've been too busy but the truth is, while I have been busy, the real reason I haven't been blogging is because I spend FAR too much time on social media. I have been reading a book, Make it Happen, and my eyes have been opened. I have always known that I spend too much time on social media and have fasted it before. But this time I want it to be different. I want to be intentional with my social media. I want to use it as a tool to further His kingdom and well as my new business (more about this coming soon! eek) and simply just keep family and friends updated on my sweet little family. I need to learn to stop comparing my life to everyone else and learn contentment. All of this to say I am taking a sixteen day social media fast. This will be my longest social media fast to date. I will even delete the apps from my phone. I want to embrace motherhood, marriage, and my relationship with Christ more deeply and I know a step toward doing this for me personally would be to avoid social media. When I come back, you will finally get to learn about the business I have been working on for nearly six months now, find out what all i accomplished through fasting social media, and what I learned from my fast too.

Is there something from your life you need to disconnect from? What is it?

1 comment:

  1. I unfollowed most of my Facebook friends (nothing personal) I just needed to get the clutter out of my newsfeed. Now I just see the people I truly want to connect with.

    Also I deleted the Facebook shortcut app on my phone. I replaced it with the Bible app. So when I get the urge to "hit" Facebook I open the Bible app instead.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete